It’s funny how I have so many variations of egg salad recipes on my site, like this Chickpea Egg Salad and this Avocado Egg Salad, yet don’t have this classic, which I eat all the time. Problem solved! I make a batch of Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs and make this on the weekend to have for the week. You can easily double or triple this recipe.
This is gluten-free, low-carb, keto friendly and Whole30 if you use compliant mayonnaise such homemade or this mayo by Primal Kitchen (affiliate link).
What Do You Put In Your Egg Salad?
I keep my egg salad pretty simple, a little mayonnaise, red onion, salt, pepper, paprika and some chives, for garnish. This is the way I like to make my egg salad but you can totally make this your own! Here’s some suggestions:
- Add pickle juice or diced pickles
- Add some veggies like chopped celery or carrots for texture
- Add some Dijon mustard
- Add some protein such as diced cooked shrimp, it’s delish!
- Swap the chives for fresh dill
I’d love to hear your favorite way to make egg salad!
Classic Egg Salad
- 6 hard boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh black pepper, to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon sweet paprika, for garnish
- chopped chives, for garnish
- Combine all the ingredients and refrigerate until ready to eat.
Yield: 4 servings, Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Amount Per Serving:
- Freestyle Points: 3
- Points +: 5
- Calories: 185 calories
- Total Fat: 15.5g
- Saturated Fat: 3.5g
- Cholesterol: 282mg
- Sodium: 215.5mg
- Carbohydrates: 1g
- Fiber: 0g
- Sugar: 2g
- Protein: 9.5g
All images and text ©
Photo Credit: Jess Larson