This charred Grilled Corn Salad with Feta is an easy 5-ingredient summer side dish. It goes perfect with anything you’re grilling!
Sweet summer corn doesn’t require much fuss to make it taste good, but the combination of sweet corn and slightly salty Feta cheese is simply magical, whether you enjoy this warm or cold! Toss in some fresh herbs and you have a winning salad combination.
How To Grill Charred Corn
This is the easiest method for grilling corn with charred edges. Peel the corn and remove the silks. Lightly spray corn with a little oil then grill over direct heat, turning the corn often until it is charred all over, about 12 to 15 minutes. To shell the corn, let it cool a few minutes then transfer to a cutting board and hold the corn upright. Using a sharp knife, cut the corn off the cobb.
Variations and Tips
- Corn can be grilled a day ahead before assembling the salad.
- Can be eaten warm or cold.
- Add fresh diced tomatoes.
- Swap the red onion for chives.
- For a Mexican twist, add fresh cilantro and lime juice.
Grilled Corn Salad with Feta
This charred Grilled Corn Salad with Feta is an easy 5-ingredient summer side dish or light lunch. It goes perfect with anything you’re grilling!
- 6 large or 7 medium ears of corn
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup Feta, crumbled
- chopped fresh mint, cilantro or parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- black pepper, to taste
- Set the grill to medium-high. Husk the corn. Grill 10 to 12 minutes, turning often, until charred in spots. Transfer to a cutting board and set aside to cool.
- Cut the kernels off the cobb.
- Put the corn, red onion and cheese in a medium salad bowl. Drizzle with the olive oil and toss.
- Add the fresh herbs and toss again. Taste and add salt and pepper. Serve.
Corn can be grilled 1 day ahead before assembling the salad. Can be eaten warm or cold.
Yield: 6 Servings, Serving Size: 2/3 cup
- Amount Per Serving:
- Freestyle Points: 3
- Points +: 4
- Calories: 153 calories
- Total Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 11mg
- Sodium: 200mg
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Sugar: 6.5g
- Protein: 5g
All images and text ©