15 haunting pictures of abandoned buildings that give us a glimpse into East Germany
These 15 images of abandoned buildings offer a haunting reminder of East Germany.
The once majestic structures now lie empty following the reunification of the country but their beauty is still very much intact.
This is despite them being rundown and disused.
The images were captured by fine art photographer Christian Richter, who grew up in the old Soviet controlled German Democratic Republic (GDR).
1. An old abandoned staircase with pillar and arch
2. A Cinema lies empty long after screening its last movie
3. This eerie corridor is just one of the memorable photos
4. A decayed staircase at a once vibrant mansion shows how much things have changed
5. An old sewage treatment plant
6. Files sit on a decrepit shelf
7. Abandoned bathhouse with oval windows
8. This spiral staircase still commands the attention of the room
9. The rot has set in in someone’s old bedroom
10. This was once a doctor’s room
11. Another beautifully built home lies in disrepair
12. A vandalised events hall
13. The shaft of a hospital elevator
14. An old staircase
15. An operation table at a hospital
If the article suppose to have a video or a photo gallery and it does not appear on your screen, please Click Here
29 September 2015 | 12:09 pm – Source: metro.co.uk