This easy salad has all my favorite things in one – arugula, Proscuitto, shaved Parmesan and a runny egg! When you pop that egg yolk, the salad is bathed in that warm eggy goodness, salad nirvana in every bite! If you are not a fan of runny eggs, hard boiled eggs would taste just fine too!
Gosh, when we were in Italy this past year I ate Proscuitto every chance I could. So when I got my hands on the Dude Diet cookbook, this salad was calling my name! Serena is the brilliant and beautiful author of this book filled with dude-friendly comfort food recipes, on the cleaner side. She created this cookbook inspired by her boyfriend who decided one day he needed to go on a diet. Going from a diet of pizza, wings and heroes, her challenge to create healthier versions of his favorites began. The photos in the book are so beautiful, you’ll want to make everything! For those counting calories, there are no nutritional values but she cuts out the processed junk and keeps portions in check. Nothing is off limits, there is everything from pancakes to pizza on this diet!
Arugula Salad with Crispy Proscuitto, Parmesan and Fried Eggs
This easy salad has all my favorite things in one – arugula, Proscuitto, shaved Parmesan and a runny egg! When you pop that egg yolk, the salad is bathed in that warm eggy goodness, salad nirvana in every bite!
- 2 ounces sliced proscuitto (4 slices)
- 5 cups baby arugula
- 1/4 cup shaved parmesan cheese
- olive oil spray
- 2 large eggs
- fresh black pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp minced shallots
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp honey
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange the proscuitto on the prepared baking sheet and bake 15 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp. Crumble into large pieces.
- Meanwhile, whisk the dressing ingredients in a large bowl. Add the arugula and toss well. Divide on two plates and top with crumbled proscuitto and parmesan.
- To cook the eggs heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat, spray with oil and gently break the eggs. Season with salt and cook, covered until the whites are set and the yolks are still runny, or longer if desired. Place the egg on top of each salad and serve with fresh pepper, if desired.
Yield: 2 Servings, Serving Size: 1 salad
- Amount Per Serving:
- Smart Points: 8
- Points +: 9
- Calories: 344
- Total Fat: 24g
- Saturated Fat: g
- Cholesterol: 216mg
- Sodium: 1043mg
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Sugar: 4g
- Protein: 18.5g