29 May 2014
Last up to date at 15:31
The majority of individuals in Wales are joyful with NHS care and faculties, in accordance with a nationwide survey.
Of these requested, ninety two% stated they have been glad with their GP service and youngsters’s main faculty, despite warnings about education failings in Wales.
Only fifty seven% stated their native authority offered top quality providers.
The National Survey requested 14,500 individuals from throughout Wales their views on wellbeing and public providers.
The survey additionally discovered:
- ninety one% of individuals have been glad with the care they acquired at their final appointment at an NHS hospital
- eighty five% have been glad with their kid’s secondary faculty
- seventy nine% of individuals felt protected on public transport after darkish
- seventy five% of households had entry to the web – up from seventy three% in 2012
- ninety two% of houses had at the very least one smoke alarm
More than a 3rd of individuals – 38% – discovered it troublesome to make a GP appointment, however ninety six% stated they felt they have been handled with dignity and respect once they did get one.
Levels of satisfaction with care acquired at hospital have been decrease in Powys Teaching Health Board than in different areas, with a big drop since final yr.
eighty three% stated they have been glad with care this yr in comparison with ninety two% in 2012-thirteen.
The satisfaction determine throughout Wales was ninety one%.
Just over half of oldsters stated they supported their youngster with faculty work a number of occasions every week, whereas eighty two% stated they learn tales to their youngsters.
Only 1 / 4 of these requested stated they felt that they might affect selections affecting their native space, with residents in Carmarthenshire and Bridgend amongst those that felt that they had the least say.
Though the survey discovered extra individuals in Wales have entry to the web in comparison with 2012, deprivation stays a barrier to digital inclusion – with 24% of these dwelling within the worst poverty having no entry to on-line providers.
- ninety two% glad with their final GP go to
- 38% had problem getting a GP appointment
- ninety one% glad with hospital appointment
- ninety four% had hospital appointment at handy date and time
- Overall satisfaction with NHS S.P out of 10
- ninety two% of oldsters glad with their kid’s main faculty
- eighty five% glad with their kid’s secondary faculty
- Highest score for schooling system in Flintshire at S.S out of 10
- Lowest score for schooling system Rhondda Cynon Taf at S out of 10
- Overall satisfaction with schooling system S.A out of 10
- seventy nine% of individuals really feel protected on public transport after darkish
- seventy seven% most certainly to make use of their automotive to journey to work
- 17% probably to stroll to work
- forty nine% probably to stroll to native outlets
- Overall satisfaction with transport system H.N out of 10
- 24% felt they might affect selections of their space
- seventy seven% throughout Wales agreed their space was free from graffiti and vandalism
- ninety three% in Powys agreed their space was free from graffiti and vandalism
- sixty five% in Merthyr Tydfil stated their space was free from graffiti and vandalism
- fifty seven% stated their council offered top quality providers
- common satisfaction with private relationships was H.S out of 10
- satisfaction with life score S.S out of 10
- satisfaction with households monetary state of affairs was S.N out of 10
- seventy seven% stated they felt glad all or more often than not over earlier month
- B% stated that they had not felt completely satisfied at throughout earlier month
- seventy five% of households in Wales have web entry
- 34% of households dwelling in social housing haven’t any web entry
- fifty two% use cell phone to entry web, up from forty one% a yr in the past
- 33% use tablets for the web, up from 17% a yr earlier
- 25% of individuals of seventy five or over use the web
- H% of households wouldn’t have a working smoke alarm
- S% of households with youngsters shouldn’t have a working smoke alarm
- N% of households with out youngsters lack a working smoke alarm
Finance minister Jane Hutt stated the Welsh authorities would use the survey to develop public providers.
“The outcomes being revealed right now are very encouraging and present individuals in Wales have a excessive degree of satisfaction with the important thing public providers they entry,” she stated.
“I’m positive native authorities and native well being boards may also discover these outcomes helpful as they plan the providers they will be delivering over the approaching yr.”
Plaid Cymru well being spokeswoman Elin Jones stated well being staff ought to be “congratulated” for making certain most individuals had a constructive expertise of the NHS.
But she warned there seemed to be “growing concern in lots of communities” over Welsh ministers’ “lack of management in delivering well being provision”.
“The Welsh authorities’s menace to centralise group-based mostly providers is eroding belief, and that is proven within the figures,” she stated.
Welsh Liberal Democrat chief Kirsty Williams welcomed the general satisfaction ranges for public providers.
But she argued an “growing quantity” of individuals felt they have been being let down “whether or not it’s in well being or schooling”.
“Month after month essential well being targets are missed by this Welsh Labour authorities, sufferers deserve higher A:31 pm – Source: bbc.co.uk