Your Sunday morning best-of-Londonist weekly round-up.
Best pubs in London
We’re building a new website of the best pubs in London (mostly as voted for by Londonist readers). We still have a few areas to explore, but do take a look through the guide so far, and let us know about any scandalous omissions. New additions this week are: The Bull in Spitalfields and The Crown in Greenwich. Plus, find out which pubs in Victoria Park were selected by Londonist readers for entry into the database.
- Part anthem for doomed youth, part ribald comedy: My Night With Reg at Donmar Warehouse
- Latest V&A display, Rapid Response Collecting, exhibits items that have recently made the news
- What does the Science Museum throw out? New exhibition shows us its rubbish
- The Immortal Hour at Finborough Theatre is intimate, but perhaps not best suited to beginners
- The art and science of Captain Cook’s explorations at the Queen’s House, Royal Museums Greenwich
- Intimate action at OperaUpClose’s La Traviata at Soho Theatre
- Dogfight at Southwark Playhouse is weird, ugly, corny, and all the better for it
Things to do
Have You Tried …
…Wingit? If you want even more ideas on things to do in London then this new app should be able to help. Using an algorithm to scan social networks, Wingit checks your location and promises to find great London events happening near you in real-time. From performances to pop-ups, screenings to street art, download the free app today to see what’s going on just round the corner.
This week’s Things To Do In London is sponsored by Wingit.
Want to get this as an email? Sign up for Sunday Best here.