Jeremy Clarkson In Limbo Amid Sacking Report

Jeremy Clarkson is awaiting the outcome of an inquiry into his conduct, as one newspaper claimed the BBC could be on the verge of sacking him.

The Top Gear host’s future has been unclear for two weeks since he was suspended over his infamous “fracas” with producer Oisin Tymon.

The Daily Telegraph reported BBC director-general Lord Hall was preparing to dismiss the star after reviewing the contents of an internal investigation.

But a BBC spokesman insisted: “No decision has been made. When we have an outcome, we will announce it.”

The newspaper report said the probe led by BBC Scotland boss Ken MacQuarrie concluded Clarkson had verbally abused his colleague for 20 minutes before launching into a 30-second physical assault.

Radio 2 Breakfast Show host Chris Evans is reportedly being lined up to take over the lead presenter role on Top Gear – although he has ruled himself out in the past.

Clarkson left his London flat in a taxi at around 4.40pm yesterday and when asked if he had heard from the BBC, he told reporters: “Nothing. Not a sausage.”

The presenter, alongside co-hosts James May and Richard Hammond, was scheduled to take part in four live Top Gear shows in Norway this week, but it was announced on Sunday they had been postponed.

Clarkson used his newspaper column last weekend to describe his week as “turbulent” and claimed he was joking when he appeared to criticise BBC bosses during an expletive-laden rant at a charity event.

He found another celebrity supporter in London mayor Boris Johnson, a former Top Gear guest, who told LBC Radio: “I’m instinctively pro-Clarkson, basically because he is one of those guys who somehow fuels lefty indignation, whatever he does.

“I have an automatic presumption of innocence in his case.”

If the article suppose to have a video or a photo gallery and it does not appear on your screen, please Click Here

25 March 2015 | 6:01 am – Source: orange.co.uk

[ad_2]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.