London News Roundup | Londonist
Happy birthday to the London Eye (see below)
- Boris Johnson thinks Kent can take 215,000 new homes for Londoners. Kent is all, like, not bloody likely.
- Pay talks over running the tube all night at weekends aren’t going well.
- Excellent Dave Hill article on the complicated background behind the Cressingham Gardens regeneration dispute.
- There was a fire in Bowes Park this morning — check your smoke alarm, folks.
- Never rains but it pours at London Bridge, it seems: a broken down freight train is causing more problems at the station. (Word on the street is trains have been fusing the signals…)
- It’s the London Eye’s 15th birthday, and one capsule’s been given a ‘tattoo’ by artist Jamie Cullen.
- The prime minister has announced 25 new free schools for London.
- Nominees for the Olivier Awards are out (can we be biased and say we’re rooting for King Charles III?).
- Deserter goes on a second round of visiting south London’s arts holes.
If the article suppose to have a video or a photo gallery and it does not appear on your screen, please Click Here
9 March 2015 | 4:30 pm – Source: londonist.com