Missing Claudia: Arrested Man Released On Bail

A man arrested on suspicion of murdering Claudia Lawrence has been released onpolice bail.

The suspect, in his 50s and from the York area, was held on Monday in connection with Miss Lawrence’s disappearance in 2009.

A North Yorkshire Police spokesman said the manwas released on bail to “allow detectives time to follow up lines of inquiry”.

Searches at a linked property were completed last night, police said.

On Monday, officers could be seen searching a semi-detached house in a quietcul-de-sac in York.

Miss Lawrence’s family have been informed about today’s developments.

Detective Superintendent Dai Malyn repeated his plea for people not to identify the suspect.

He said: “I am very grateful to the media and the public for supporting my request that this individual should under no circumstances be identified, either in traditional media or on social media platforms.

“That is because identification is an issue and publishing this man’s identity could cause serious harm to my investigation.

“This continues to be the case, even though the man has been released on bail, and I must ask that the media and public continue to support me and make no attempt to identify him, his place of work or his home address.”

On the sixth anniversary of Miss Lawrence’s disappearance last week, police released new CCTV footage.

The footage showed two people seen walking near her house on the evening she vanished.

A six-hour public screening of the CCTV was held near her home, which is in the Heworth area of York.

Sky North of England Correspondent Gerard Tubb said the man’s arrest was linked to the CCTV screening.

Miss Lawrence was reported missing by her father after concerns were raised when she failed to turn up for her 6am shift at work.

North Yorkshire Police began reviewing the case in 2013 and have since carried out a number of searches.

A 60-year-old man was arrested last year in connection with her disappearance and suspected murder but was later released without charge.

A 47-year-old man remains on bail on suspicion of perverting the course of justice.

If the article suppose to have a video or a photo gallery and it does not appear on your screen, please Click Here

24 March 2015 | 11:24 pm – Source: orange.co.uk

[ad_2]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.