Teenage girl Lisa Jones dies after BBQ engulfs her in flames

Teenage girl dies after BBQ engulfs her in flames
Bright and bubbly girl: Lisa was popular with classmates and tutors at college (Picture: Facebook)

A teenager was tragically killed after petrol was thrown over an outdoor fireplace and she was engulfed in flames.

Lisa Jones, 19, was rushed to hospital with severe full-body burns on 21 June when someone poured petrol on a chiminea, an outdoor heater, that she was standing next to – consuming her whole body in flame and setting fire to her clothes.

The former hairdressing student, from Llanfairfechan, Wales, fought to stay alive for 11 days at Wythenshawe Hospital in Manchester before passing away yesterday morning.

Lisa’s family said they were ‘devastated by the tragic loss’.

(Picture: Facebook)
‘A tragic loss’: Lisa’s family are devastated (Picture: Facebook)

‘Love you to pieces,’ Lisa’s mother Wendy wrote on Facebook.

‘I’m going to miss you soooooo much Lisa.’

Lancashire Police described the incident – which took place at a house in Chorley – as a ‘very unfortunate accident’ and fire officers warned of the dangers of pouring petrol on fires.

Anita Lewis, hairdressing salon manager at Lisa’s former college, told WalesOnline that Lisa was ‘a bright and bubbly girl’.

‘She was popular with both her classmates and her tutors,’ she said.

(Picture: Google)
The accident took place on Duke Street, Chorley (Picture: Google)

‘Our thoughts are with her family and friends at this sad time.

Lancashire Police interviewed a 19-year-old man under caution in connection with Lisa’s death who has since been released pending further investigations.

If the article suppose to have a video or a photo gallery and it does not appear on your screen, please Click Here

Source: metro.co.uk

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.