This light summer 5-ingredient zucchini salad is this perfect summer side dish. Shave the raw zucchini thin with a mandolin or even a potato peeler, season with salt and drizzle with lemon juice and olive oil. Let the zucchini marinade in the lemon juice for at least 10 minutes before topping with arugula and fresh shaved Parmesan. You can serve this as an appetizer, side dish or even as a light lunch for two.
This recipe is from the archives first posted back in 2009, since it needed new photos and zucchini season is in full swing is in season, I decided to make this and have it for lunch today. I remember when I first posted this recipe back in 2009, I brought it to a party and everyone love it. Although the ingredients are simple, it’s really quite delicious.
This light summer 5-ingredient zucchini salad is this perfect summer side dish. You can serve this as an appetizer, side dish or even as a light lunch for two.
- 2 medium zucchini, ends cut off and sliced 1/16th with mandolin
- 1/2 lemon
- 4 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt, to taste and fresh black pepper
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan
- Combine oil and lemon juice. Place a layer of zucchini to cover the bottom of a platter. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with a little olive oil and lemon juice.
- Repeat layering zucchini, salt, pepper, olive oil and lemon juice until all zucchini is used up. Let marinade for at least 10 minutes.
- Right before serving, top with fresh arugula, shaved Parmesan and serve.
Yield: 4 servings, Serving Size: 1/2 zucchini, 1/4 cup arugula, 2 tbsp shaved parm
- Amount Per Serving:
- Smart Points: 2
- Points +: 2
- Calories: 81
- Total Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: g
- Cholesterol: mg
- Sodium: 90mg
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 2g
- Protein: 3g